Services of Agriculture Department
Azad Government of the State of Jammu and Kashmir
Soil Advisory Service:
- Soil and water testing.
- Fertilizer recommendation for various crops.
- Help farmers to learn crop rotation techniques and provide solution to increase soil fertility and to enhance nutrient efficiency.
- Train field staff on methods of collecting samples (soil & water)
- Soil surveys and mapping.
- Land use planning.
Seed Certification & Registration:
- Provide seed certification and quality control cover for various crops.
- Field inspection of the crops of registered varieties and released varieties intended for sale as basic seed or certified seed.
- Seed processing and procurement.
- Monitoring seed increase process.
Plant Disease and Pest Control Service:
- Plant health/ disease investigation and control.
- Introduction environment friendly IPM approach for reduction of crop losses caused by pests and diseases of fruits, cereal crops and vegetables.
- Provide technical support in the field of IPM and Apiculture.
- Recommend and provide pesticides / insecticides for control of various plant pests.
Landscaping and Floriculture:
- Development and maintenance of Jalalabad Garden and adjoining V.VIP houses.
- Develop floriculture points at different locations in the state.
- Provide trainings on floriculture and landscaping and advisory services to flower growers on production technology of commercial floriculture crops.
- Development and maintenance of new parks, green belts and open spaces.
Extension, Education and Training:
- Pre-service and In-service training of staff.
- Technology Transfer through print media and electronic media.
- Provides written material to farmers for updating agricultural knowledge.
- Farmer group formation and organizing community organizations.
- Arrange quality inputs as per farmer’s demand.
- Provides agricultural machinery to farmers for ploughing, threshing etc at subsidized rates in remote areas.
- Technical help for soil conservation.
- Help to bring culturable waste land into culturable agricultural land.
Certified Seed for cereal Crops: (Agronomy)
- Evaluate and screen suitable crop varieties.
- Promote pulses and other special crops.
- Establish production technology of different cereals and forage crops for further dissemination to farmers.
Apiculture (Bee Keeping)
- Introduce bee keeping as source of income generation in AJK.